If you are moving in, please contact your house Membership Officer, who can be found on the Contacts page. You can arrange with them when to pick up your room key, and they will give you your new house code. You also want to pick up a Check-in/Check-out form from the office and return it. You will need to pay your first month's installment by the day your contract begins.
Please let the Member Resources Administrator (staff) know when you will be moving out. A detailed Move-out Policy and procedure can be found below.
Proposal: Move in/Move out Policy Update
brought by: Membership and Facilities Committees
Proposed sponsor: Emma Alpert
Date of creation: October 2, 2006
We propose that the following changes are made to the existing move-in/move-out policy (changes in italics):
The six members of the ECC will check all rooms for which the contract has ended during the specified move-out dates or whenever a room is vacated. If necessary, an additional person can be hired at the discretion of the Facilities Committee.
- The ECC will check empty rooms in accordance with ICC Room Damage Charges, found in the Standing Rules
- Check-out forms will be returned by the ECC to the office so that fines for damages (if any) may be taken out of the member's room deposit.
- Funding for the hired person will come first from any fines collected for not turning in check-in/check-out forms, and secondarily from the Facilities Committee Discretionary Fund. This new expense will be considered when setting the ICC Budget for the Facilities Discretionary Fund.
- The ECC will inform staff of rooms that need to be cleaned or worked on before the next person moves in.
- New members will be given a check-in form upon moving into ICC, and are required to return it to the ICC office or a designated box in the house within two weeks, with a deposit-forwarding address included. If the form is not returned within four weeks of moving in, the member will be held responsible for all damages to the room upon moving out.
There will be two designated move-out days at the end of each semester, one for members leaving ICC and another for members changing rooms or houses within ICC. These two dates will be separated by one day to alleviate house conflicts and allow for the ECC to check all vacated rooms and perform any cleaning or repairs necessary.
- House-elected interim officers will coordinate with the ECC during the check-out process to ensure the house is in good condition.
- An official move-in date for new members will be set two days after the room switch date.
- Members staying in ICC will not have to remove their belongings from ICC.
- The Membership Administrator will provide a list detailing the status of each room by house.
- Members staying in the same room are not affected by this policy.
- Members whose rooms are not vacated by midnight on their appropriate move-out date will be charged the holdover fee.
Effective Date or Implementation Deadline: Effective Immediately